Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Meet Paranormal Author Margaret Millmore--THE BEGINNING: THE FOUR


If you love paranormal novels and especially love a series, then I'd like to introduce you to Margaret Millmore's story about the "Dark Ones," Volume 1 appropriately titled: THE BEGINNING: THE FOUR. Welcome, Margaret!


Tell us a little about your background and how you became an author.

I was born and raised in Southern California and moved to San Francisco in 1991. I currently reside there with my husband.  I am the grandniece of Irish author Benedict Kiely and the second cousin of Irish author Sharon Owens. I’ve always loved books of all kinds and hoped that one day I would have the time to sit down and write one (I’ve been making up stories since I was young, jotting them down and filing them away). When the opportunity arose for me to dedicate myself to writing full time, I jumped at it.

What is one of your favorite books and why?

Honestly, I don’t have just ‘one’ favorite. Stephen King’s Dark Tower series and his book The Stand are only equaled by Ray Bradbury’s Something Wicked This Way Comes (and honestly almost all of the books these two have written could be squished into my top ‘five’ favorites….)

What inspired you to write this book series?

Oddly enough, I don’t actually recall what inspired this book (it started as just one very long book and my publisher asked me to split it up, thus it became a series). I can say that I drew on the dynamics of friendship that I’ve experienced throughout my life to develop my characters and their relationships, but other than that, it just sort of came to me one day. I’m a big fan of fiction and paranormal fiction is just fun stuff as far as I’m concerned and I have to admit I do love vampires and werewolves.

How would you describe your writing process?

I guess I would say its jumbled… the idea comes to me and I get started like a racehorse leaving the gate, but then things peter out and I have step away for a while. After a few days or even weeks the ideas begin to flow again and I make notes, write chapters and then piece it all together later, eventually a book is born.

What has proven to be your most successful marketing tool?

I’m not sure to be honest. I use as much social media as I can, I know that’s important and the way of the ‘new’ world. But I haven’t actually sat down and charted what’s working and what’s not.

What advice would you give to other authors?

It sounds like a cliché, but don’t give up! Write, re-write and do it all over again. It’s not easy, in fact it’s one of the hardest things I’ve ever done, but it’s worth it.

Please provide a favorite excerpt from your book.

‘Kate came to first and said, “Are you saying they’re going to change into these monsters?” She looked horrified. He shook his head, “No Kate, they are not monsters and will not be monsters.”’


Where can readers find you and your book?

The Beginning on Amazon
Twitter: @MMillmore
Doppelganger-Experiment on Amazon


Thanks for visiting today, Margaret! I'm sure fans will be anxious for Book two to come out!

--KSR Writer

2 comments: